Search My Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Wet & Wild Palette Swatches & Reviews

So I bought these palettes at Rite Aid, & these are from Wet & Wild. Wet & Wild is a great, affordable makeup line, that sells everything from blushes, to foundation, to mascara & much more. I personally happen to love Wet & Wild, because I can trust the quality, and won't break your piggy bank :) Here are some swatches, and what I think of each palette! All swatches were on clean skin, with no primer & a flat shader brush. For more info on the company, click here!

 Wet & Wild Color Icon Palette - I'm Feeling Retro  $2.99
 These are soo pretty! I love the colors and how they look in light! I thought it was a very fun & pretty palette.  The silver color is gorgeous, but I was expecting a little more pigmentation, as it appears more sparkly than pigmented. The blue is beautiful, and the sheen it had to it was amazing, but the color payoff wasn't so great without primer. The pink is my favorite, & it looks multidimensional at different angles! Overall, a great fun palette, with good pigmentation. All shimmer colors.


Wet & Wild Color Icon Palette - I'm Getting Sunburned  $2.99
This palette is my favorite because of all the bronzey goodness it has :D I personally love shades like these, so I was in heaven! The frosty pink is so pretty, I love it. It definitely is frosty, and has good color payoff. I would not use this color as a brow/highlight color like the palette advises. I would use it half & half with the gold, and use the dark brown in the crease ;)  The dark brown, OMG. This color is sooo freaking dark, and pigmented. I barely touch it, and like so much comes out in the brush. You will definitely have fall out with the brown, but very beautiful color, and one of my new favorite browns<3  The gold is also super purrrrrty! I love it! It's pigmented, and has a good color payoff. So good for the summer (although summer's almost over waaah), and beautiful has a highlight. Overall, beautiful palette! :D All shimmer colors.

 
Wet & Wild Palette - Lust  $4.99
This palette was my first from Wet & Wild , which became main reasoning for purchasing more palettes from them. I did the tutorial for them on the post before if you want to see how to create a look with these. The light pink, and the medium purple is so pretty. But the dark purple looks so amazing in the crease, so if your looking for an alternative to black for smokey eyes, this purple is awesome ;) The cream color is sooo good for highlighting in any look. The gray is pigmented, and is great to smudge under the lashline if your not trying to use black. The black with purple shimmer, is pretty, but I'm not a fan of black, and it could be a little darker. All these colors are very pretty and pigmented, and would not disappoint with a good primer! 3 matte & 3 shimmer shades.


No comments:

Post a Comment