Search My Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

EcoTools 6 Piece Brush Set Review

So I was so excited that I bought more brushes! You can never have enough in my opinion, kinda like shoes ;D I saw these EcoTools Brush set in Rite Aid, and they looked pretty good. For those who do not know, EcoTools is a company that makes vegan, natural, good-for-the-environment-type brushes. They are available in popular drugstores, and are affordable!

So on the back of the packaging (which is very cute & resourceful btw), it says that it has bamboo handles, synthetic Taklon bristles (100% cruelty free, big up for that), the barrel is recycled aluminum, and the brush roll is natural cotton & heap. Now that is what I call friendly brushes ;) Click here for more info, and more images of the product.

So here are the bad boyss!





So this $10.99 set comes with ;

Blush Brush

Eye Shading Brush

Angled Eyeliner Brush

Concealer Brush

Lash & Brow Groomer

Hemp & Cotton Case
So these brushes are way softer than I expected. I love love love love the blush brush. The size, and the way it applies is perfect. I find myself randomly brushing it against my skin...it feels THAT good! The eye shading brush is fairly large, but still will cover a lot of the eyelid for all over color. It applies pretty good, and the brush is soft, just as the blush brush is. I'm definitely using it more! The angled eyeliner brush is out & in use all the time for me! I always do winged eyeliner with gel (if I'm not using Loreal Colour Intense that is), and the brush lines & wings are done so neatly! I love it. It's pretty soft compared to other angled eyeliner brushes that I've used, so that's a plus. Scraped up eyelids aren't cute ;x The concealer brush & the flat shader brush are very similar, wait honestly, there's almost no difference. It works fairly normal...just as a concealer brush should work. The lash & brow groomer, I don't really use tools like that. I use brow gel & good mascara ;) lol . But I assume it does it's job. Last but not least, the carrying case. It is so cute, and I love how it stores these brushes. Nothing falls out, and it makes life alot easier when looking for my ecotools ;D
This company's policy is an amazing bonus too. All natural brushes? Oh yes, save the environment!  They work extremely well, and they're comparable to some Mac brushes! The price, is amazing, and you get alot of bang for your buck. Power to EcoTools! I will definitely be buying more things from them!





1 comment: